You can also download the Sub Registrar Form,District Registrar Form
- If you wish to have your marriage registered, you must approach the Sub-Registrar of marriages and assurances for the area. He is the same official of registration department who also registers sale deeds etc.
- If you wish to register a Hindu marriage, then the following procedure must be followed:
- The groom must be at least 21 years old and the bride must be at least 18 years old.
- An applications form A (form) must be filled out and presented to the Sub-Registrar
- Prescribed fee for registration is Rs.10/-
- You must attend the Sub-Registrar's office along with your spouse and two witnesses, preferably parents of the couple.
- You must produce evidence of marriage like wedding card, photographs etc
- The Sub-Registrar can register the marriage within 6 months after the event.
- If the marriage is to be registered after 6 months, you will have to apply to the District Registrar concerned in the application form for condonation of delay (form) If you wish to register the marriage after 3 years, you will have to apply to the Inspector General of Registration in Hyderabad for condonation of delay in the same form.
Registration at the venue of marriage:
- If you wish to register the marriage at the venue, then you must apply for registration and ask for the Sub-Registrar's presence. The following fees must be paid to secure the Sub-Registrar's presence.
Application fee Rs.10/-
Registration of a marriage under Special Marriages Act
- Fee Rs.15/-
- Transport charges for the Sub-Registrar
- If the wedding is outside the Sub-Registrar's headquarter, then the daily allowance has to be paid as prescribed by government
- A marriage can be registered under Special Marriages Act if it is not solemnized in a religious ritual. For such a marriage to be registered at the time of the wedding, you must apply at least a month in advance and fulfil the following conditions:
- The bride must be at least 18 years of age and the groom must be at least 21 years of age. Proof of age must be furnished
- Application with fee of Rs.10/- must be paid
- A notice fee of Rs.2/- must be paid
- A notice of 30 days will be given by Sub-Registrar to the public to raise objections if any. The notice will be displayed on his notice board.
- If any one wishes to object to the marriage he must then pay an objection fee of Rs.50/- and file the objection petition stating reason (eg., the bride or groom is underaged or there is no fee consent or one of the partners is already married etc.)
- The Sub-Registrar will enquire into the objection and if he finds that the objection is valid, the registration application will be rejected.
- If there is no valid objections, the marriage will be registered after 30 days
- Registration of a marriage can be done under Special Marriages Act after the marriage in the same manner as a Hindu Marriage registration. However, there is a separate application, and witnesses and evidence of marriage must be produced.